Why do you Need Cloud Security? Because you cannot afford not to.
SMBs who experience a data breach:
37% suffered financial loss
25% filed for bankruptcy
Enterprises also experienced serious repercussions to security breaches:
In 2018, Marriott had a data breach that affected 500 Million users and was fined $123 Million by UK Authorities
Equifax will pay $700 Million in fines to consumers over a data breach at the credit reporting bureau that affected nearly 150 million people in 2017
Challenges in Improving Security on the Cloud
- Existing Security Measures Not Applicable to Cloud. Traditional security models are often based on individual servers and full network control, which is difficult to execute on cloud.
- Too Many Changes to Keep up. Cloud is growing so fast in its size, impact, features that learning how to use it becomes increasingly challenging; worse still it is on identifying the loopholes and plug them.
- Unclear Ownership. Traditionally, there is a InfoSec team responsible for the security and network. Because of complexity, fast evolution, individuals are responsible for security of the component. Governance is more difficult to implement than ever.
- Complex Hybrid Environment. Unlike data centers, secure cloud models consists of a diverse set of services that are translatable to data center networking, virtual machines and access. This diversity lead to complexity.
- Standards are Difficult to Interpret for Cloud Workloads. IT Compliance standards are written mostly with physical data centers in mind. Cloud security model and shared responsibility is not always translatable to the compliance requirements; this leaves a number of confusions and policy translations to cloud
Apply Cloud Security across All Layers
Together with OpsGuru's Security Experts, you can achieve security coverage on the cloud with cloud-native tools.
Tailored security approaches in alignment with CIS Kubernetes benchmark and workload security best practices
Network Perimeter Security
Cloud-native firewall, intrusion detection/protection systems that gives you security without introducing latency.
"Shift left" on Security with Security as code made possible by tools like Terraform Enterprise (Sentinel) and Open Policy Agent.
Infrastructure as Code Security
Canning of infrastructure as code to detect misalignment from security best practices communications.