Operations Administrator (Professional Services)
OpsGuru is a global engineering and consulting group. We are experts in the container ecosystem, data processing, analytics, and cloud-native technologies. As we continue to scale our operations organization we’re searching for a highly-skilled Operations Administrator to contribute to OpsGuru’s rapid growth and help us maintain our position among the most trusted names in Cloud Consulting. The ideal candidate will have experience dealing with senior leadership and management as well as strong program governance skills. They will be expected to be the catalyst between all stakeholders, ensuring our teams exceed our standards for excellence and innovation.
Objectives of this Role
As an Operations Administrator, you will be responsible for supporting multiple operations within the OpsGuru Professional Services Delivery organization. You will work with decision-makers, Delivery team members, and supportive functions on a daily basis, acting as a conduit and SME to ensure alignment between functions and to support organizational success.
The Delivery team will depend on you to provide administration, governance, and expertise within the operational systems and processes used daily by multiple teams. Additionally, you will be responsible for identifying and reporting on macro trends to the Delivery leadership team.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Facilitate the project resourcing process, ensuring resourcing requests have the appropriate visibility and get fulfilled in a reasonable time frame.
- Lead resourcing meetings where open requests are fulfilled and upcoming needs are identified.
- Track resource utilization across practices and regions; identify needs where appropriate.
- Manage access and administration of core project systems, including but not limited to Slack, Jira, Confluence, GDrive, Mavenlink, Toggl, Float, and Hubspot.
- Own the administrative steps of project kickoff, including assigning resources to projects, and setting up project resources within systems.
- Write, maintain, and train Delivery team members on operational SOPs.
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new Delivery team members, specifically as it relates to system access and Delivery SOPs.
- Define and facilitate the process for employee offboarding.
Report on Delivery KPIs.
- Examples: Resource utilization, billing vs revenue, currently active projects, etc.
- Attend project status meetings and validate resource assignments against projections; identify potential conflicts or gaps.
- Validate budget management adheres to SOPs & matches the budget being tracked within various systems.
Ensure data within operational systems match the realities of a project lifecycle
- Examples: Ensure invoice status within the systems match actual invoices sent, paid, outstanding. Ensure project statuses are accurate across the portfolio.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver reports and communicate to leaders across the organization
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with project management tools, including but not limited to Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, and Google Docs
- Experience with project budgeting and resourcing
- Experience with Toggl, Float, and Mavenlink