Senior Cloud Consultant
OpsGuru is a global engineering and consulting group. We are experts in the container ecosystem, data processing and analytics, and cloud-native technologies. Our team is formed by network, data, security, DevOps specialists and application developers. OpsGuru empowers customers with technology to solve their business problems and provide the tools to assure success in their digital transformation.
OpsGuru’s value to our customers centers around our ability to provide deep technical guidance based on their business needs. Through our vendor partnerships, Senior Cloud Consultants work within the professional services organizations (PSO) of major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) to accelerate the cloud adoption journey of some of Silicon Valley’s most exciting startups and enterprises. Within these teams, the Cloud Consultant is responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership while also maintaining a systems view that is able to reconcile technical decisions with broader project goals. They ensure project deliverables meet stakeholders’ needs while upholding OpsGuru’s standards for quality and operational maturity.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide deep technical expertise and leadership across a range of technologies. You will be the go-to person for driving tool selection, resolving complex engineering issues, and guiding best practices during engagements.
- Lead whiteboard design sessions with internal and external team members.
- Identify and communicate technical risks as they emerge over the course of a project.
- Work closely with cloud vendors and their customers to extract project requirements during technical discovery sessions, define deliverables to meet those requirements, and break down those deliverables into a technical roadmap.
- Manage scope within customer engagements. Identify changing requirements as they arise, determine their impact on scope, and ensure all stakeholders are aware and agree with the changes.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the customer, as a “Trusted Advisor”. Set clear expectations, challenge assumptions, solicit feedback, and take ownership of project deliverables.
- Maintain relevant certifications on cloud technologies and stay informed of key industry trends.
- Proactively identify additional sales opportunities through the duration of the project.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- 10+ years of experience in public or private cloud environments
- 2+ years experience with Terraform on a public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- 2+ years experience in a technical leadership role (eg team lead, architect)
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines for Terraform and a strong understanding of CI/CD best practices
- Advanced knowledge in one of AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Proficiency in source code management with Git
- Proficiency with at least one non-shell scripting language
- Strong but flexible opinions on best practices for technical operations teams
- Expertise in Kubernetes, Cloud Networking, or Cloud Security
- Advanced certifications in one of AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience assessing, refactoring, and deploying large TF codebase
Contract length: 12 months