Junior Technical Recruiter
OpsGuru is a global engineering and consulting group. We are experts in the container ecosystem, data processing, analytics, and cloud-native technologies. As we continue to scale our operations organization, we’re searching for an energetic and motivated individual looking to kickstart their career. As a Junior Technical Recruiter, this individual will develop valuable skills applicable to a career in sales, operations, and Human Resources. The ideal candidate will have strong people skills and enjoy conversations will a diverse set of personalities. They will work alongside our experienced HR Director to develop screening, interviewing, and hiring practices.
Objectives of this Role
- Work closely with the HR Director to understand each position’s hiring needs and meet competitive hiring goals and expectations.
- Learn to manage the full recruitment and selection life cycle across a variety of open roles helping management find, hire, and retain quality talent
- Grow and foster high-touch relationships with a database of qualified active and passive talent to pull from as new positions open up
- Continuously partner with recruiting team and senior managers to design, refine, and implement innovative recruiting strategies.
- Stay active on current job boards, social networks, and platforms to find talent and plan, create and release job descriptions and announcements.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work and form relationships with internal management teams to know their departments’ ins and outs and better understand their hiring needs and job specifications.
- Develop and release job postings on platforms such as social media and job boards
- Utilize knowledge of multiple recruiting sources and execute innovative recruiting strategies to find quality candidates and prospect for new business
- Screen resumes and prospects, qualify, interview, and manage candidates throughout the interview process, from prepping before interviews to assisting with final offer negotiation.
- Maintain a database of candidate records, including active and passive prospects, hired and fired employees, and other candidate relationships
- Assist sales in updating employee profiles for RFP submission.
- Follow up on interview process status and update records in an internal database.
- Receive coaching and guidance from more senior-level recruiting staff
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Functional knowledge of MS Office and comfort with internet search
- Familiarity with job boards and professional social networking sites like LinkedIn
- Comfortable conducting various types of interviews (i.e., phone, video, etc.)
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Proficiency with content management systems
- Interest in developing a recruiting strategy
- Desire to grow professionally with networking and ongoing training opportunities