OpsGuru is a global engineering and consulting group. We are experts in the container ecosystem, data processing and analytics, and cloud-native technologies. Our team is formed by network, data, security, and DevOps specialists. OpsGuru empowers customers with technology to solve their business problems and provides the tools to assure success in their digital transformation.
OpsGuru's value to our customers centers around our ability to provide deep technical guidance based on their business needs. Reporting directly to the CTO, Pre-Sales Architects are expected to have the business acumen and technical expertise to work alongside our sales executives to accurately extract customer requirements and convey OpsGuru's value proposition during the sales cycle.
OpsGuru's Pre-Sales Architects act as trusted advisors that are able to guide and challenge clients in a respectful manner to ensure they receive the highest level of value from their technology investments.
The ideal candidate will have experience participating in the sales process, typically in a pre-sales, sales, or equivalent capacity as well as a strong foundation in cloud technologies and architecture.
Qualification & Skills
The ideal candidate applying for the Pre-Sales Architects role has the following:
5+ years of experience delivering professional services or operations on major cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure). Preferably delivering one or more of the following:
- Cloud Adoption in enterprise and small to medium scale environments
- Microservices Adoption and Application Modernization
- Data Analytics Platform Development
- Large scale migration to the cloud
- 10+ years of experience in a relevant information technology environment
- 2+ years in a senior management or consultant role.
- A history of building and delivering presentations to a wide-ranging audience including CxO and VP level executives
- A history of managing multiple complex projects with a wide variety of stakeholders simultaneously
- Sales experience preferably in a pre-sales function
- Able to confidently model costs and explain the total cost of ownership model of various methods of hosting infrastructure
- History of holding a budget and modelling project costs to provide resourcing plans
- Experience in handling customer requests and escalations and is able to confidently
Pre-Sales Architects are expected to provide deep business and technical expertise across all of our focus areas in the cloud.
- Report directly to Director Pre-Sales
- Confidently discuss every stage of the technology adoption cycle all the way from the CEO to the developer.
- Establish trusted advisor relationships with decision-makers and senior buyers.
- Confer with customers, prospects and salespeople to collect requirements
- Prepare sales presentations with service offerings, case studies and proof points.
- Develop proposals, scope, and pricing models for innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts and technical architects to devise client solutions.
- Execute solutions’ presentations, demos and handle scenario sessions with prospects.
- Determine problem domain and record in design solution documents.
- Determine technical risk and issues and suggest mitigation options.
- Coordinate with Sales, Business Development and Account Manager to pursue sales cycles.