Director of Marketing
Vancouver / Toronto, Canada (Remote)
OpsGuru is a global engineering and consulting group. Our mission is to enable our customers on the different stages of their cloud adoption journey, including establishing foundation on public clouds, setting up security guardrails, building and optimizing data processing and analytics workloads using cloud-native technologies. Our team is formed by network, data, security, DevOps specialists and application developers. OpsGuru empowers customers with technology to solve their business problems and provide the tools to assure success in their digital transformation.
OpsGuru's value to our customers centers around our ability to provide deep technical guidance and implementations based on their business needs. We achieve this by assigning small, virtual teams of highly skilled individuals to each client.
Our unique culture offers a remote-first team globally. We are ready to expand our presence and take on the world, but we could use some marketing expertise to get there.
We are seeking an experienced marketing professional to join us in crystallizing our brand offering and strategizing an actionable marketing plan. Our ideal candidate will have a solid track record of leading tech startups to growth and creating tangible benefits and assets whilst being a customer champion and storyteller
- Continually review changes to the market, consumer trends and activities of competitors to gain a complete understanding of specific goals, objectives, and audiences
- Uncover the biggest differentiators of our company, versus legacy approaches and competing offerings
- Leverage the company’s proprietary consumer panel and resulting data to deliver analytic insights to drive increased sales and product development and improve marketing effectiveness
- Find a fruitful competitive space for our brand, both strategically and creatively
- Create a foundation for all brand communications
- Continuously engage our current and prospective customers through outreach campaigns
- Understanding of Channel Partner engagement process and marketing campaign vehicles
- Create and promote manageable and profitable growth
- Use data and intelligence to help grow the OpsGuru brand and presence
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of our current brand identity and positioning, as well as target audiences and competitive landscape
- Develop statistical models to evaluate the impact of different marketing tactics.
- Work closely with company executives and high-level management to create strategic brand positioning, an actionable marketing plan, and a rollout plan with key performance indicators
- Work with senior management in the delivery of client engagements and associated outputs, supporting the team in day-to-day client management, project management and the development of high-quality client deliverables
- Develop and work with the team to establish future-facing insights, implications, and recommendations, delivering advice, making recommendations, and identifying and solving problems
- Manage and refine the organization’s social media presence, strategy and executions, Adword campaigns and measure marketing campaign cost
- Prepare and Manage Press releases and Promotions.
- Working with the team to write Blogs, Case studies, and Whitepapers
- Being a Director of Marketing also involves constant networking and representing OpsGuru to outsiders.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors in marketing or related field
- 10+ years working in a consulting company
- 2+ years of Cloud Industry knowledge and experience
- Experience with implementing cross-channel/multi-channel marketing strategies
- Demonstrated ability to keep client projects on plan and on budget
- Strong interpersonal writing and editing skills
- Strong leadership, communication, logic, innovation, and collaboration skills
- Project management
- Flexible schedule
- Comfortable handling confidential information