Engagement Manager (Professional Services)
Vancouver, Canada (Remote)
OpsGuru is a global engineering and consulting group. We are experts in the container ecosystem, data processing, analytics, and cloud-native technologies.
As we continue to scale our operations organization we’re searching for a highly-skilled engagement manager to contribute to OpsGuru’s rapid growth and help us maintain our position among the most trusted names in Cloud Consulting.
The ideal candidate will have production experience as well as strong work plan development and program governance skills. They will be expected to prepare and present progress updates to customer stakeholders on a regular basis, ensuring our teams exceed our standards for excellence and innovation.
Objectives of this Role
- Assist in establishing scalable project management practices within our delivery organization to maximize the efficiency and performance of our engineering teams.
- Lead projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation
- To coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with team members from within OpsGuru and our clients.
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that projects meet client expectations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate client stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle, setting project quality and performance standards, and assessing and managing risk within, and across, multiple projects
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans
- Ensure correct team’s time tracking, billing and invoicing the client in a timely manner
- Working in close collaboration with the sales team
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of project management and customer service experience
- Hands-on experience with developing software platforms and/or infrastructure
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business
- Professional certification—including PMP/PRINCE II/PSM
- Previous success in producing deliverable software platforms
- Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines
- Experience developing in-house platforms for internal processes
- Experience coaching and educating project teams to strengthen team members’ capabilities and skill sets.